The general driver’s meeting is held at the staging area before heading out to the trail-heads. The information discussed at this meeting may vary depending on the type of trail ride: trail building, club run or a national event.
- Welcome everyone and make any introductions. Role call, number of trails, goals if you’re working or trail building.
- Trail conditions: wet? – don’t tear it up. Dry? – is there a fire hazard?
- Remind participants this is all privately owned property – respect it. Refer to Trail Etiquette guidelines and tread lightly!
- Safety: refer to Trail Etiquette guidelines.
- Trail building runs: Assign work crews to trails and make sure they know their guide.
- Designate CB channels. Again, mention while in convoy to trail-head: headlights on, windshields up and no passing. Participants can jockey for trail position at air-down.
- Give necessary instructions for trail line up and departure.
- Quick check of vehicles and drivers to make sure they are with the right group.